Ultimate Blood Builder
Enhances Energy & Mood
Boosts Brain Function
Increases Stamina & Endurance
Benefits to You
Features & Benefits
- Ultimate blood builder with 45 mg of iron bisglycinate
- Enhances energy and mood, with vitamin B12 and spirulina
- Boosts brain function and focus
- Increases stamina and combats fatigue caused by iron deficiency anemia
- Iron bisglycinate is well absorbed, less likely to cause constipation and is gentle on the stomach
VITALITY is ideal for
- Iron deficiency, anemia, low ferritin
- B12 deficiency
- Extreme fatigue or exhaustion
- During pregnancy
- During menstruation
- For vegans and vegetarians or those that don’t consume red meat
VITALITY is made in Canada, is Vegan, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Non-GMO, Sugar and Dairy Free. No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives have been used in this iron supplement with spirulina. All product is third party tested for quality, purity and potency.
An NPN or Natural Product Number is a product license from Health Canada. Products with an NPN have been assessed by Health Canada and found to be safe, effective and of high quality under their recommended conditions of use. Learn more
Signs of Iron Deficiency
The symptoms of iron deficiency anemia can be very mild at first, and you may not even notice them. According to the American Society of Hematology, most people don’t realize they have mild anemia until they have a routine blood test.
The symptoms of moderate to severe iron deficiency anemia include:
- General fatigue
- Pale skin
- Shortness of breath
- Strange cravings to eat items that aren’t food, such as dirt, ice, or clay
- A tingling or crawling feeling in the legs
- Tongue swelling or soreness
- Cold hands and feet
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Brittle nails
Who is at risk for iron deficiency anemia?
Anemia is a common condition and can occur in both men and women of any age and from any ethnic group. Some people may be at greater risk for iron deficiency anemia than others. These include:
- Women of childbearing age
- Pregnant women
- People with poor diets
- People who donate blood frequently
- Infants and children, especially those born prematurely or experiencing a growth spurt
- Vegetarians and vegans who don’t replace meat with iron-rich food or anyone who doesn’t consume a lot of red meats
Each vegetable capsule contains
- Iron (iron (II) bisglycinate)(elemental) 45 mg
- Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin) 1000 mcg
- Folic acid (folate) 1000 mcg
- Certified organic spirulina 75 mg
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 100 mg
Hypromellose, microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable magnesium stearate.
Use & Directions
Helps to form red blood cells and helps in their proper function. Helps prevent iron deficiency. Helps to prevent iron deficiency anemia.
(Adults) Take one capsule once daily. Take with food. Take a few hours before or after other medications.
Duration of Use
Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 6 months.
Contraindications of Iron
Some people may experience constipation, diarrhea and/or vomiting.
VITALITY uses iron bisglycinate which helps reduce negative symptoms associated with iron supplementation.
Cautions / Warnings
Keep out of reach of children. There is enough iron in the package to harm a child. Consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use if you have an autoimmune disease. Do not use if you are breastfeeding.
How to take with other VITALITY products
- Digest+: Can be taken together
- Relax+: Can be taken together
- Time Release SuperMulti+: Can be taken 3+ hours apart
- Time Release B Complete + C: can be taken together or separated by 3+ hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Iron Bisglycinate?
Iron Bisglycinate is elemental iron reacted with glycinate for superior absorption in the intestinal tract, which is the best source of iron and is easy on the stomach.
Does Iron Bisglycinate cause constipation or stomach upset?
Iron Bisglycinate is less likely to cause any constipation or gastrointestinal upsets even when taken at high levels.
What happens to Iron that is not absorbed into the body?
For those with normal iron metabolism, unabsorbed iron is taken up by specific cells in the intestinal tract. These cells become engorged in iron, drop off and are excreted through the bowels (feces).
Do I take high dose or low dose Iron?
The question is not about high or low levels, it is about the iron form. Iron Bisglycinate is superior to iron sulfate in multiple studies when supplemented. Bisglycinate is also easier digested and tolerated and therefore non-constipating even when taken at high doses. For those people with iron deficiency and or anemia it is important to have a superior form of iron with co-factors at moderate-high levels for iron stores to build up.
Does an Iron supplement interfere with other mineral absorption like calcium?
Iron when in the form of Iron Bisglycinate is less likely to interfere with absorption of other minerals. This is because the bisglycinate form is not electrically charged due to the chelating (binding of glycinate to the elemental iron). Now this neutral charged iron form is easier to absorb and less likely to bind to another mineral during digestion.
What are cofactors and why do I need them in an Iron supplement?
Vitamin B-12, Folic acid and Vitamin C are all cofactors for iron and are crucial for iron absorption and utilization in the body. Vitamins B-12 and Folic acid are also very important in the building of blood and supporting red blood cell formation.
Prepared by: Carmyn Ferguson, Registered Holistic Nutritionist (RHN)
Reviewed by: Irene Pauline Humpelstetter, Certified Nutritional Practitioner (CNP)